1. Model heterogeneous catalysis is studied under ultra-high vacuum (UHV) conditions on top of alloy bimetallic nano-clusters (e.g. Au-Cu and Cu-Pd) grown via buffer layer assisted growth method in UHV. In situ Auger and thermal desorption methods are used to follow reactivity and selectivity. High pressure-low pressure apparatus is uniquely used to study the thermal and photo-excited catalysis.
2. Local (transient) electric field effect on photo-induced and electron-induced reactivity of caged molecules on surfaces is studied near sharp edges and by growing model
in-vacuum nano-capacitors by trapping electrons in ice.
3. The role of plasmonic giant field enhancement near metallic (Ag) nano-particles on photo-reactivity vs. the effect of hot excited electrons on surface photochemistry has
been investigated. Its potential enhancement in photo-catalysis when embedded within TiO2 films has been investigated.
1. Photoinduced desorption of Xe from porous silicon: Evidence for selective and highly effective optical activity, Toker, G., Asscher, M., Phys. Rev. Lett., 107, 167402-16406 (2011).
2. Reduced Oxide Sites and Surface Corrugation Affecting the Reactivity, Thermal stability, and Selectivity of Supported Au–Pd Bimetallic Clusters on SiO2/Si(100) ; Gross, E., Sorek, E., Murugadoss, A., Asscher, M., Langmuir , 29 (20), 6025–6031 (2013).
3. Electron-induced chemistry of methyl chloride caged within amorphous solid water Horowitz, Y. and Asscher, M., J. Chem. Phys., 139, 154707 (2013).
4. Structure and Composition of Au-Cu and Pd-Cu Bimetallic Catalysts ffecting Acetylene Reactivity, Murugadoss, A., Sorek, E., and Asscher, M., Topics in Catalysis, 57 (10), 1007-1014 (2014).
5. Enhanced Photo Chemistry of Ethyl Chloride on Ag Nanoparticles,Toker, G., Bespaly A., Zilberberg, L., Asscher, M. Nano Letters, 15(2), 936-42 (2015);
6. Buffer Layer Assisted Growth of Ag Nanoparticles in Titania Thin Films Zilberberg, L., Mitlin, S., Shankar, H., Asscher, M., J. Phys. Chem. C, 119(52), 28979-28991 (20155).