• Post-Doctoral fellowship, 2012, at Ecole polythecnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Dept. of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. Host: Prof. Michael Grätzel at the laboratory of photonic and interfaces.
• Ph.D., 2009 Nanoscience and Nanotechnology program (A prestige program for which individuals are selected) / Chemistry, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. Thesis Advisors: Professor Efrat Lifshitz and Professor Rina Tannenbaum. Direct
• B.Sc., 2005, Chemical Engineering, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Cum Laude.
Our research is concentrated on the design and production of new excitonic solar cells, combining radically new materials with novel architectures.
Specific topics related to materials science and photovoltaic cells are:
- Two-dimensional perovskite and its application in solar cells
- Carbon based perovskite solar cells
- Organic-inorganic perovskite nanostructures – synthesis, optical and physical properties
- Inorganic perovskite nanostructures
- Light emitting diode (LED) based on hybrid and inorganic Perovskite
- Semi-transparent perovskite solar cells
More can be found in our website
Semi-transparent perovskite solar cells
Emission from hybrid perovskite nanorods
Flexible perovskite solar cell
- Bat-El Cohen, Małgorzata Wierzbowska, and Lioz Etgar High efficiency quasi 2D lead bromide perovskite solar cells using various barrier molecules, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7SE00311K
- Bat-El Cohen, Małgorzata Wierzbowska, Lioz Etgar. “High efficiency and high open circuit voltage in quasi two-dimensional perovskite based solar cells”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201604733.
- Sigalit Aharon and Lioz Etgar, Two Dimensional Organometal Halide Perovskite Nanorods with Tunable Optical Properties Nano letters, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b00665
- Ravi K. Misra, Bat-El Cohen, Lior Iagher, and Lioz Etgar, Low-Dimensional Organic–Inorganic Halide Perovskite: Structure, Properties, and Applications, ChemSusChem, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201701026.
- Walleed Abu Laben, . “Depleted hole conductor-free lead halide iodide heterojunctionsolar cell” Energy Environ. Sci., 2013, 6 (11), 3249-3253.
- Lioz Etgar, Gao Peng, Zhaosheng Xue, Bin Liu, Md K. Nazeeruddin, Michael Grätzel, “Mesoscopic CH3NH3PbI3/TiO2 heterojunction solar cell”. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134 (42), 17396-17399.