R-CX3 + 3Cr+2 = R-C + 3[XCr]2+ or R-CHX2 + 2Cr+2 = RHC + 2[XCr]2+
Both carbynes and carbenes undergo coupling reactions and produce alkynes and alkenes respectively. In addition, they react with solvent molecules and produce a large variety of products.
2. We study the mechanism by which organo-metallic cluster complexes that contain alkylidyne ligands are formed. We believe that the origin of the alkylidyne group is a free carbyne that reacts with the tri-nuclear framework. We apply ion-exchange chromatography , GC-MS and X-ray crystallography techniques to elucidate the exact mechanism.
3. Ferric citrate complexes play an important role in the biological mobilization of iron in living cells. Ferric citrate preparations are used in medicine as iron supplements and for imaging purposes. Our goal has been the structural characterization of several ferric citrate complexes and the understanding of the role of each species in biological systems.
1. Bino, A.; Ardon, M.; Shirman, E. Formation of a Carbon-Carbon Triple Bond by Coupling Reactions in Aqueous Solution Science 2005,308, 234-235.
2. Kefalas, E. T.; Dakanali, M.; Panagiotidis, P.; Raptopoulou, C. P.; Terzis, A.; Mavromoustakos, T.; Kyrikou, I.; Karligiano, N.; Bino, A.; Salifoglou, A. pH- Specific Aqueous Synthetic Chemistry in the Binary Cadmium(II)-Citrate System. Gaining Insight into Cadmium(II)-Citrate Speciation with Relevance to Cadmium Toxicity Inorg. Chem. 2005, 44, 4818-4828.
3. van Slageren, J.; Rosa, P.; Caneschi, A.; Sessoli, R.; Casellas, H.; Rakitin, Y.V.; Cianchi, L.; Giallo, F.D.; Spina, G.; Bino, A.; Barra, A.L.; Guidi, T.; Carretta, S.; Caciuffo, R. Static and dynamic magnetic properties of an [Fe-13] cluster Phys. Rev. B, 2006 , 73, 014422.
4. Bogoslavsky, B.; Levy, O.; Kotlyar, A.; Salem, M.; Gelman, F.; Bino, A. Do carbyne radicals really exist in Aqueous solution? Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51,90-94.
5. Levy, O; Bogoslavsky, B.; Bino, A. Anhydrous Chromous Acetate Revisited – a Very Simple Synthetic Route Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2012, 391,179-181.
6. Levy, O; Bino, A. Metal Ions Do Not Play a Direct Role in the Formation of Carbon- Carbon Triple Bonds During Reduction of Trihaloalkyls by Cr(II) or V(II) Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 15944- 15947.
7. Danovich, D.; Bino, A. ; Shaik, S. The formation of carbon-carbon triply bonded molecules from two free carbyne radicals via a conical intersection J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2013, 4, 58-64.
8. Levy, O; Musa, S.; Bino, A. Formation of an Alkyne During Degradation of Metal-Alkylidyne Complexes Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 12248 – 12251.
9. Halevi, O.; Bogoslavsky, B.; Grinstein, D.; Tibika-Apfelbaum, F.; Bino, A. Synthesis and Characterization of Nitrogen Rich Ruthenium Complexes Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2014, 421 , 228–232.
10. Avisar Levy, M.; Levy, O.; Ascarelli, O.; Popov, I.; Bino, A. Fractal Structures of Highly-Porous Metals and Alloys at the Nanoscale J. Alloys Compd. 2015, 635, 48-54.